Areas of Responsibility:
· Schedule construction activities according to the Wormald Scheduling Process.
· Provide adequate lead-time for trade contractors and suppliers.
· Order and obtain all necessary building inspections as required to meet schedule requirements.
· Update the Home Start Schedule every week and provide approximate completion dates to Community Sales Manager and Contracts Administrator.
· Meet with the Community Sales Manager weekly to review the status of construction on each job in progress and discuss buyer concerns/issues.
· Assist with the development of accurate material estimates.
· Weekly submit and review variance purchase order information for material and trade contractor variances with the Estimator.
· Inspect material deliveries to ensure they are accurate regarding quality and quantity and handle any discrepancies on site.
· Ensure proper storage of materials to guard against theft or damage.
· Promptly return extra materials to supplier ensuring that the appropriate credit VPO is Issued for that specific job.
Trade Contractor Management.
· Develop cooperative, mutually supportive relationships with all trade contractors.
· Ensure trade contractors understand and adhere to established scopes of work, schedules, checklists and quality standards.
· Utilize proper management techniques to ensure conflicts with trade contractors do not occur.
· Recruit, interview and recommend potential trade contractor hires to the Purchasing Manager.
· Forward any unsolicited bids and information to the Purchasing Manager for consideration.
· Ensure proper communication, training and support are provided to all new trade contractors.
· Constantly strive to determine individual trade contractor motivators and be attentive to their needs.
· Solicit feedback from trade contractors on strategies for improving processes, methods, techniques, etc.
Pre-Construction/ Pre-Drywall/ Pre-Settlement Orientation Meetings
· Project Manager will conduct preconstruction, pre-drywall and pre-settlement orientation meeting with clients. Specifically review all options are installed as selected.
Maintain Safety Standards.
· Ensure all site personnel comply fully with Wormald Homes’ safety standards and as closely with OSHA standards.
· Constantly monitor job sites and address apparent safety issues immediately.
· Accompany site safety inspectors and provide any documentation they require.
· Ensure any job site accidents are properly handled and documented. Submit information to the Accounting Manager by the next workday.
Job Site Management.
· Enforce all job site rules and regulations.
· Monitor the safe and secure storage of all tools and supplies.
· Monitor construction sites to ensure access to models and specs, trash removal, organization and neatness of construction materials and location of site equipment.
· Install and maintain temporary walkways for all homes under construction in accordance with seasonal requirements.
· Ensure job site construction debris is removed in accordance with the pre-established system, Trade Partner Scopes of Work and schedule.
· Ensure all job site personnel dispose of personal trash in the proper receptacles.
· Monitor and ensure the cleanliness and appearance of all subdivision entryways, streets and common areas.
· Perform a Community Appearance inspection weekly and take immediate action to address any items in need of attention.
· Perform all required erosion control inspections and manage the maintenance of all erosion and sedimentation control devices and any other requirements.
· Review plan accuracy and communicate any problems to the Production Manager.
· Ensure Wormald Homes’ quality standards are adhered to during all phases of construction.
· Ensure trade contractors maintain quality control by adhering to checklists.
· Conduct quality control inspections and provide input to all trade contractors on each work site once every day.
· Perform required quality assurance inspections.
· Ensure trade contractors make necessary corrections cited in inspections and verify the satisfactory completion of the correction work.
· Constantly look for ways to improve quality and communication.
· Monitor warranty reports to identify recurring or preventable items and communicate all necessary information to trade contractors for future elimination of these issues.
· Homeowner Relations & Warranty Assistance.
· Maintain a courteous, professional demeanor in all dealings with homeowners.
· Return any homeowner telephone calls within 24 hours.
· Perform electrical walk-thru with buyers and electrician.
· Assist Warranty Manager with emergency situations upon request.
· Politely direct homeowners back to the Community Sales Manager to address all questions or concerns throughout the construction process.
Delivery of Homes.
· Prior to final customer walk-throughs, inspect each home to ensure its quality, accuracy and completion and verify that all incomplete or deficient items have been resolved.
· Conduct final walk-throughs of each home in accordance with the established procedure and checklist.
· Complete all punch list items (except those requiring special order materials) generated during final walk-throughs within five days and ensure customer sign-off is obtained. Those items requiring special order materials are to be completed and signed off within twenty-one days.
· Recruit, interview and hire all laborers.
· Train all construction personnel.
· Recommend all initial compensation and adjustments for direct reports.
· Ensure personnel adhere to all Wormald Homes systems, policies and procedures.
· Motivate and support construction personnel.
· Address employee performance problems and take corrective measures to facilitate improvement.
· Resolve any employee questions or problems.
Control and Reduce Construction Costs.
· Communicate any back charges to trade contractors and suppliers and get them to sign any back charge VPO prior to submittal.
· Answer inquiries from the accounts payable person and estimator regarding invoices and/or payments.
· Monitor, document and report all variances.
· Review and thoroughly understand the scopes of work in order to make decisions regarding enforcement and to authorize payment.
· Continually monitor job sites for inefficiencies and waste.
· Contribute to the value engineering process by understanding the concept of “perceived value” and by providing feedback on the building process.
· Identify and recommend specification changes where excessive.
· Participate in analyzing variances at designated variance meetings and recommend changes to eliminate variances..
Enforce and Adhere to Weather-Related Construction Procedures.
· Maintain a constant awareness of predicted weather conditions by monitoring news forecasts on a daily basis.
· Follow all established procedures for cold weather concrete pouring.
· Ensure temporary heat is provided and maintained for all homes as weather conditions dictate.
· Ensure all homes are locked and unlocked each weekday.
· Communicate and establish relationships with building inspectors, city officials, engineers, utilities, and home inspectors.
· Maintain job site photo log
· Provide or contribute to all reports required by management.
· Perform any other tasks or special projects as required by management
LOVE where you work!
Founded over 50 years ago, Wormald’s success is built upon two strong pillars: an uncommon spirited focus on unique signature designs that inspire the way we live and a genuine passion for the details that make up the finest quality built environments.
At Wormald, we pride ourselves on being a company where you can LOVE where you work. Wormald offers an extensive benefits package to all Full-Time employees including paid health insurance, holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and profit sharing. You will LOVE working here!
Please send résumés to [email protected]