· 5-10 years of commercial construction experience.
· Ensure successful construction of units as defined in customers sales contracts.
· Understand and absorb all specifications within the selection sheets and drawings
· Develop and maintain schedules for sitework and project finishing.
· Identify unresolved design issues sufficiently in advance to allow time for proper design.
· Communicate with the City Inspector and ensure all inspection requirements are met.
· Be a team player with Project Manager willing to tackle any task.
· Have plans and specifications available at all times
· Maintain plans and specification current at all times
· Hard hat to worn daily
· Wormald Shirt or polo shirt
· Khaki pants preferred, but jeans without rips or stains are acceptable
· Steel toe shoes/boots are required, puncture proof and steel toe is preferred
· Safety vest to be worn daily
· Tape measure available at all times
Sitework (as directed):
· Assist with the coordination of stakeout
· Assist with the coordination of stakeout and perform installation of curb and gutter, sidewalk, paving, etc.
· Assist with the coordination of stakeout and supervise grading.
· Assist with the coordination of ordering, delivery and storage of all site items.
· Order materials in accordance with the plans and specifications
· Perform footer and foundation wall checks. Ensure dimensions, options, etc have been adhered to daily in accordance with the plans and specifications.
· Daily walk project/jobsite with a tape measure and plans. Continually ensuring the plans and specifications are followed.
· Perform a framing dimension check of all framed projects by indicating exact measurements on Unit Framing Sheets in ASI 42.
· Develop a framing checklist to be used immediately prior to the close-in inspections.
· Complete framing checklist on each unit and get list checked off according to schedule.
· Label all doors openings, flooring types, cabinet layouts during the framing phase prior the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing phases begin.
· Order and schedule all unit finishes such as millwork, flooring, painting, trim, electrical, etc.
· Develop and maintain finishing and walk-through inspection schedule.
· Perform quantity takeoffs, as necessary. Ie trim, millwork, siding, stone deliveries.
· Confirm accurate quantities and sign off on tickets as soon as they are delivered to avoid delays when the material is to be used.
· Inspect the work of each finish trade to ensure quality and full execution of work in accordance with the Scope of Work manual.
· Constantly make lists of items needing correction in units & ensure corrections are made. Create the List to Complete and maintain it daily.
· Coordinate the work and quality of plumber, electrician, and HVAC subcontractors.
· Inspect progress of each unit daily. Walk each room of every unit daily.
· Lockup job at the end of each day. Be responsible for all security on the site.
· Keep job site clean and in order.
· Coordinate receiving, unloading and storage of material deliveries.
· Control costs to ensure most effective use of resources.
· Record daily job site logs to include pictures and man hours on sites
Pre and Post Occupancy:
· Perform final inspection, walkthrough and post-occupancy customer service on each project.
· Record as-built details to document for future use.
· Perform a Pre-Occupancy Demonstration with the client. To include reviewing all warranty and maintenance of the project
· Photograph all areas of the home to include appliances serial and model numbers after the final sign off walk through with the client.
LOVE where you work!
Founded over 50 years ago, Wormald’s success is built upon two strong pillars: an uncommon spirited focus on unique signature designs that inspire the way we live and a genuine passion for the details that make up the finest quality built environments.
At Wormald, we pride ourselves on being a company where you can LOVE where you work. Wormald offers an extensive benefits package to all Full-Time employees including paid health insurance, holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and profit sharing. You will LOVE working here!