PURCHASING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Provide administrative support to the company including:
Building Permit Application Packages:
- Assemble building packages including site plans, custom plans, engineering information as required by each jurisdiction.
- Prepare check requests for permits for permit fees, sewer, water, and applicable impact fees.
- Take building permits to the appropriate jurisdictions; we are currently in Frederick County; Frederick City; Montgomery County; Charlestown, WV; Round Hill, VA; and Gettysburg, PA.
- Cultivate relationships with all municipalities and understand their different requirements and internal procedures in order to obtain building permits prior to the start of construction.
- Assemble start packages as directed by Contracts and Settlement Coordinator;
- Print, copy and scan information as directed;
- Scan and post all information into the Builder Portal;
- Notify Trades as requested;
Estimating and Costing Support:
- Assist in building of Estimating Assemblies as directed;
- Update vendor pricing as directed;
- Print and review “open PO” report monthly working with Trade Contractors to ensure that any open purchase orders that need to be paid are processed accordingly;
- Review and compare option pricing from Sales Simplicity by community to correct and discrepancies;
- Add missing options to communities as requested by Sales Managers and/or Purchasing Department.
- This requires that the option be built in the system, any rules and/or attributes added to the option.
- This task is complete when Sales Simplicity is checked and the option is in the system.
- Verify VPO requests with Superintendent and issue as approved;
Pricing and Bidding:
- Assist Purchasing Manager, Estimators, and/or Purchasing Coordinator in flow of paperwork.
- Assist with contracting Trade Contractors for custom design request pricing as directed.
- Email plans to Trade Contractors as needed for bidding.
- Assist in coordination of new bidders, bids, pricing etc.
- Research missing vendor payments as directed;
Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Serve as contact in phone rotation and front desk greeting of visitors;
- File documents in job files as directed;
- Serve as liaison for Sales Managers Custom Design Requests and distribute them to the appropriate Estimator for pricing;
- Binding Homeowners manuals;
- Update Construction Schedules weekly and distribute them to the Superintendent;
- Update the integration from Purchasing and Accounting weekly;
- Scan and return Custom Design Requests to Sales Managers;
- Track the status of Custom Design Requests from Sales back to the office;
- Champion technology goals;
- Apply for and budget for Manufacturers Rebates;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with Builder MT is preferred.
- Experience with PO system is preferred.
- Experience with Sales Simplicity is preferred.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Detail Oriented;
- Technically proficient;
- Systems Oriented, organized and excellent follow-up skills;
- Ability to handle a wide range of tasks;
- Can work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work with multiple people;
- Proactive Communicator;
- Ability to handle a wide range of tasks and multiple priorities with ease;
- Team Player;
- Positive Attitude
Please send résumés to [email protected]
Back to Job Opportunities