OBJECTIVES: To provide project technical design and management support for various Wormald Companies’ and Piedmont Design Group, LLC’s projects, including residential and commercial site design and permitting, quantity takeoffs, dimension coordination, design research projects, site grading, QA/QC and plan review, preparing contract RFP’s, bid packages, RFI’s, and any other tasks required by the design and construction projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 5-years’ experience in all aspects of land development design, and demonstrable proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D for plan production, preferably for residential projects but minimum 2-years’ experience and commercial and office project experience considered. Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or associates technical engineering degree preferred but not required. Licensure as an engineer or land surveyor in-training, or professional land surveyor or engineer preferred but not required.
1. Research courthouse records, land records, municipality permitting records, etc.
2. Research and compile data for various projects.
3. Assist with coordination of supporting outside sub consultants.
4. Assist with coordination of work of cable TV and telephone companies.
5. Preparation of Civil Engineering plans using traditional design tools, AutoCAD Civil 3D, EaglePoint Pinnacle Series, Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (SSA), AutoTurn 3D, ParkCAD, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow Express Hydrographs and Storm Sewers, TR-55, TR-20, WaterCAD, etc. Design skills set/tasks will include:
6. Preparation of quantity takeoffs.
7. Preparation of cost estimates.
8. Preparation of, processing and tracking of plan submissions and agency permits.
9. Responding to agency comments including revisions to plans and calculations.
10. Prepare revisions to existing drawings.
11. Specification Development.
12. Bidding Support.
13. Review/Processing of Shop Drawings.
14. Preparation of draft documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint:
15. Preparation of plan and permit review/approval applications/forms.
16. Preparation of Requests for Proposals for Bidding on Projects to Sub-consultants.
17. Preparation of miscellaneous engineering spreadsheets.
18. Assist VP with developing an engineering/development division policies manual for standard office correspondence forms, technical spreadsheets, technical design guidelines and standards, workflow procedures, work products, etc.
19. Make telephone and email contacts with various project team members and outside agencies, sub-consultants, etc. as directed by the VP for miscellaneous project needs (e.g. – status, request for documents, meeting coordination, etc.).
20. Provide miscellaneous assistance on selected office projects as they arise.
21. Provide all other duties deemed appropriate as directed by the VP.
22. Be willing to do any task at any time with a good attitude. No task is below any person at The Wormald Companies including the Directors.
LOVE where you work!
Founded over 50 years ago, Wormald’s success is built upon two strong pillars: an uncommon spirited focus on unique signature designs that inspire the way we live and a genuine passion for the details that make up the finest quality built environments.
At Wormald, we pride ourselves on being a company where you can LOVE where you work. Wormald offers an extensive benefits package to all Full-Time employees including paid health insurance, holidays, vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and profit sharing. You will LOVE working here!
Please send résumés to [email protected]